THE Ceres Negros FC management denied that they will be fielding another team in Mindanao for the inaugural Philippines Football League next year.
Club Administrator Nicolas Golez, over the weekend, said that there’s only one Ceres FC team for the upcoming national league.
Late last week, a report from a Mindanao-based paper said that aside from Bacolod, the multi-titled Ceres FC will have another for Davao City.
Meanwhile, the Ceres FC team is currently on vacation and will resume camp on December 26 for the Asian Football Confederation Qualifying tournament in February – which Panaad Park and Stadium will serve as the home turf.
For its inaugural season Philippine Football Federation General-Secretary lawyer Edwin Gastanes said that PFL will only have one division – playing in a home-and-away, double round-robin format with top four teams advancing in the semis and later in the finals.
Based on the study made by the PFF, among the potential localities which can serve as home turf to participating clubs were rated based on the existing infrastructures, accessibility, capacity of fans to pay, the existence of sponsors, and fan appreciation of the sport.
The 14 localities are the following: Luzon –Manila, Makati, Quezon City, Marikina, Santa Maria (Bulacan), Bocaue (Bulacan), Laguna, and Pampanga; Visayas – Cebu City, Bacolod and Iloilo; and Mindanao –Davao City, Cagayan de Oro and Zamboanga City.
“Interested clubs may submit their applications, not later than December 31, 2016,” the PFF official said.*